Saturday, March 26, 2011

Web Conferencing


I attended a web conference on March 20, 2011.  I had to try several different web addresses before I got into a web conference. From what I gathered through the other students, Dr. Abernathy had closed the original conference and I had joined a second web conference that did not have a professor in attendance.  We did not have any audio or visual, however, I did enjoy the discussions.  My experience with web conferencing was a little confusing; however, I do believe that it does have some value in education.  For example, teachers could use web conferencing to work with homebound students or students who are in ISS.  I think that teachers could also use web conferencing to have students communicate with others around the world.  I think it would be amazing to have a web conference with an author or expert.  I think that administrators could also use web conferencing to communicate with teachers and staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment